Sunday, May 30, 2004

Nero, my fiddle....

The curtain is up on the recital. Thank you for coming!!! (like my top hat, white tie and tails?) Anyway maestro, this week I'll be writing about individuals whose presence changed the discourse of my life dramatically. I wrote about Dave McDonald this morning in the eternity blog.....I originally wanted to have nine individuals, one for each entrance for the House of Worship, but I have no clue how many there will be. Nine is actually (clear throat in a seemingly important manner here) A very Mystical number. The child is baking in the womb for nine months, Mythologically, nine is emblematic of the female goddess...the trinity cubed is nine. Actually, we've kind of started a new trend over the last forty-five minutes called "mystic blogging!!!".....long story, but can't you picture thickly bearded dervish dudes spinning around in there swivel chair for hours and then typing out a profound Blog adage?

Anyway, I'm taking a Blog bye-day tomorrow and mowing my mothers lawn. So the people I'm going to profile will begin Tuesday. Tonights recital is dedicated to Memorial Day. As many of you reading this can probably surmise, I don't think much about the current war and I can point to a certain part of my anatomy to convey what I think about our current president ("I have my hand on my heart but I don't know what for" as Brilliant folk-singer Greg Brown in his song I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK.) But I can point to the center of my chest in empathy when I think about our brothers and sisters who have died because our national presidential plutocrat sold a lie to the pesants he was suppose to protect (too many P's...).

Anyway, (this takes less time than it takes to read my crazy bloggs) take a look at this prayer and think about the continuity of the soul. Our nation has done a horrible job acknowledging confused Vietnam vets....I don't know how the Veteran's of this war will pan out, but I know that some of us are vehicles of peace. Again, thanks for looking at this.

" O my God! O Thou forgiver of sins...

my God! O Thou forgiver of sins, bestower of gifts, dispeller of afflictions!

Verily, I beseech thee to forgive the sins of such as have abandoned the physical garment and have ascended to the spiritual world.

O my Lord! Purify them from trespasses, dispel their sorrows, and change their darkness into light. Cause them to enter the garden of happiness, cleanse them with the most pure water, and grant them to behold Thy splendors on the loftiest mount. "

-Abdu'l' baha


3 comments:

Daniela Kantorova said...

Thanks for posting that prayer. The other day, I got the following email sent out to us Bahais in the Peninsula from some Fresno Baha'is... I had no clue there was a Baha'i among the soldiers in Iraq. This is what it says - please keep him in your prayers....

"Hi Friends, I am not putting this on the Fresno Announce List because then it would go to Bonner, and he does not like to see himself in print.  However, I need to share with you, so please do not forward this to the Fresno Baha'i list (those who are Baha'is). 

Bonner called and talked with Chris today.  He let us know that since his visit in Oct. 03, he has been in Baghdad, not in the South of Iraq (he didn't want us to worry).  He has been in many battles.  When his orders to return home in April came, he was sent to Camp Anaconda (north of Baghdad).  Then their orders were extended and he went to Fallujah, with many more battles.  There his humvee was his by a booby trap mine, but his vehicle was armored, so only the gunner was hospitalized for concussion.  They went in and rescued the Marines and received a Marine patch (red, can't remember the name) in acknowledgement from the Marines, which they have not given to an Army unit since WWII.  He is now back at Baghdad, near the airport where he says it is quiet, and he is getting some rest (played volleyball today).  The went 20 days without showers and very little rest (no days off) in Fallujah.

What I really want you to know, to encourage you to keep it up is that YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING!  BONNER SAYS THEIR COMPANY IS THE ONLY ONE IN IRAQ WITH NO CASUALTIES; THEY HAVE NOT LOST A MAN.  THEY HAVE A REPUTATION FOR BEING THE "BADEST" (BEST, MOST EFFECTIVE) UNIT, WHICH IS GOOD, BUT BAD, BECAUSE THEY KEEP SENDING HIS UNIT IN TO RESCUE OTHERS.  BON SAYS WITH THE OTHER SOLDIERS THEY HAVE A REPUTATION OF HAVING AN AURA OF PROTECTION AROUND THEM, KEEPING THEM SAFE.  AN RPG WENT RIGHT PAST HIS HUMVEE INTO HIS BUDDY'S HUMVEE RIGHT NEXT TO HIS, AND IT WAS A DUD.  WHAT BONNER SAYS THEY DO HAVE IS UNITY WITHIN THEIR GROUP.  HE IS VERY AWARE OF YOUR PRAYERS AND OF THE PROTECTION OF BAHA'U'LLAH.  I THANK YOU.  April"

David Von Behren said...

For dan---Gonzo fiddles while George Burns.

Squirrel said...

That joke is making a serious comeback.